2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2009
2nd December, 2010
19th November, 2010
29th October, 2010
5th October, 2010
Two new photo sequences that cover The Junction walking track - August, 2010 Pt1 and Pt2.
[104 & 200 photos]
- The Booking Your Campsite page in the Camping Section. Added a direct link to Queensland Government Online booking page.
- Corrected a typo on the Asteroid page.
- Some small icons to the Flowering Plants page.
- A background image for those who have wide monitors and can see beyond the box.
- A sliding "Back to Top" button to the navigation bar.
21st September, 2010
Some fun and games! We now have three Girraween themed crosswords for you to Download and puzzle out! [Most of the answers can be found on this website.]
We have now tagged photos that were not taken in the park with the [⊗] symbol to distinguish them from photos of species that were taken in the park. You can read more about this on our new Our Photographs page.
30th August, 2010
23rd August, 2010
4th August, 2010
- Size of Girraween Asteroid - from smaller than 1km diameter to 4.7km across. Thanks to Eiji for this latest information.
- Eastern Small-eyed Snake - Rhinoplocephalus nigrescens to Cryptophis nigrescens.
- Common name of Brunoniella australis from Blue Tubular to Blue Trumpet.
- Common name of Epaltes australis from Spreading Nutclusters to Spreading Nutheads.
- Acacia brownei to Acacia brownii Golden Prickly Moses, Heath Wattle.
- Omalanthus populifolius Native Bleeding Heart to Homalanthus nutans.
- Veronica arenaria to Derwentia arenaria.
- Senna odorata is Senna barronfieldii.
- Fixed some page titles - removed formatting code from them.
Conservation status codes - Rare has become Near Threatened. Also, the status of some plants have changed.
- New Section:
We now have a Downloads section. Many thanks to Jo for letting us have use of the Girraween Wildlife Booklet! There are more items in addition to the booklet to come, including a Bird species list and a Plant species list. There are also Girraween themed activities for kids and other fun stuff like a crossword in the works.
- New Photos:
Flannel Flower Actinotus helianthi [4 photos]
- New Species:
Photos of 10 species of wattles!
Photos of 2 species of banksias.
Golden Lily Bulbine bulbosa [1 photo]
Long-leaved Sneeze Bush Astrotricha longifolia [5 photos]
Native Carrot Daucus glochidiatus [2 photos]
Native Candytuft Trachymene incisa subsp. incisa [4 photos]
Rock She-oak Allocasuarina rupicola [4 photos]
Wonga Wonga Vine Pandorea pandorana [2 photos]
Wrinkled Kerrawang Rulingia hermanniifolia [2 photos]
Gecko mites - Geckobia species [1 photo]
- Have also done a lot of "behind-the-scenes" cleanup of html code in the Plants section.
15th July, 2010
Formatting of all scientific and common names.
- Thanks To... page with the addition of new photographers - Brett Manning, Bruce Thomson, Mark Sanders, Neil Armstrong, Robert Ashdown and David Fischer. Also included a special mention of Rod Hobson, Resource Ranger, for all his exceptional support.
- References: Websites page - added ReptilesDownUnder.com
- Copyright page regarding permission for use of quotes from "They Came to a Plateau (The Stanthorpe Saga)" and the inclusion of a copy of Conrad Marten's drawing: "Terrawambella on Nicols run, New England, March 19th 1852."
- Added some new images:
- We now have a favicon! (The little icon with the green "G" you might see next to the URL in your browser - depending on your browser.)
- Embedded a copy of Conrad Marten's drawing of The Pyramids: "Terrawambella on Nicols run, New England, March 19th 1852" in the History - European Settlers page.
- Corrections and additions to Amphibians:
- Reorganised the section into subsections.
- Included species from the Girraween Wildlife Species List brochure.
- Renamed Opisthodon ornatus to Platyplectrum ornatum.
- Corrections and additions to Insects and Spiders:
- Corrections and additions to Reptiles:
- Included species from the Girraween Wildlife Species List brochure.
- Included Girraween specific information - Bell's Turtle, Yellow-faced Whip Snake, Red-bellied Black Snake. (Thanks Rod!)
- Renamed Gehyra variegata to Gehyra dubia.
- Renamed Cryptoblepharus virgatus to Cryptoblepharus pulcher pulcher.
- Renamed Egernia whitii to Liopholis whitii.
- New geckos - Underwoodisaurus sphyrurus Border Thick-tailed Gecko [6 photos] and Heteronotia binoei Bynoe's Gecko [2 photos].
- New skink - Acritoscincus platynotum Red-throated Skink. [1 photo]
- New lizard - Snake (Legless) Lizards! [5 photos]
- New photos for Granite Leaf-tailed Gecko , Southern Spotted Velvet Gecko , White's Skink , Sand Goanna  and Eastern Water Dragon .
- Reorganised the Snakes - breaking into subsections.
- Renamed Morelia spilota Carpet Python to Morelia spilota mcdoweli.
- New snakes - Blackish Blind Snake , Brown Tree Snake , Common Tree Snake , Golden Crowned Snake , Red-naped Snake , Black-bellied Swamp Snake , Stephen's Banded Snake , Eastern Brown Snake , Eastern Small-eyed Snake .
New photos for - Carpet Snake , Bandy-bandy .
- Corrected turtle identification - Bell's Turtle to Emydura macquarii macquarii Murray Turtle.
- New - photos of Wollumbinia belli Bell's Turtle. [3 photos]
- Added  photos to Chelodina longicollis Eastern Long-necked Turtle.
- Corrections and additions to Fish:
- Removed Cyprinus carpia Common Carp - the park doesn't have any.
- Added two new fish - Gadopsis marmoratus River Blackfish [1 photo] and Galaxias olidus Mountain Galaxias [2 photos].
- Corrections and additions to Plants:
27th June, 2010
- Expanded the History section.
Based on Jolene McLellan's "A Glimpse of Girraween", the section now includes a detailed history of the park and many photos.
7th June, 2010
- Renamed Flowers section to Plants.
Totally reorganised the section; breaking it into new subsections. All the previously used plant photos are still included. There are many more new photos yet to come!
- Added some new photos:
Lichens [4 photos]
24th May, 2010
8th May, 2010
23rd April, 2010
- Created some new sections:
Picnics - pulled existing Day-use Area pages into separate new section
Camping - all new
Info Centre - pulled existing Visitor Information Centre pages into separate new section
Asteroid - all new
The Day-use areas information from the Tracks pages, changing the Mt Norman Day-use Area subsection to Mt Norman South.
- The contact details for The Rare Wildlife Consortium from Liz Bourne's email address to a link to their website.
- The link to Contact Us now goes to a page with our email and postal addresses.
- The order of the buttons in the Sidebar, including new buttons to the new sections.
- Given names to our:
Clerid beetle - Eleale species
Belid beetle - Rhinotia species
Cicada - Pauropsalta species
Dragonfly - Cordulephya species
- Made some corrections:
- Corrected identification of our Crane fly - Gynoplistia species to Leptotarsus species.
- Fixed the formatting of a number of pages where there were problems with page height.
- Changed the formatting of a number of pages - including the Home, Flowers, Animals and About Us - so that the text is in block format, in-step with the rest of the site.
14th April, 2010
21st March, 2010
- Created a new subsection for Arachnids: Ticks and Mites. [5 photos]
- Added some new animals:
Lace Monitor, Varanus varius [1 photo]
White's Skink, Egernia whitii [1 photo]
Bandy Bandy, Vermicella annulata [1 photo]
Eastern Long-necked Turtle, Chelodina longicollis [9 photos]
Ant Spider, Habronestes hunti [1 photo]
Enamelled Spider, Araneus bradleyi [2 photos]
Millipedes, Class Diplopoda [1 photo]
- Included some new photos:
Cunningham's Skink, Egernia cunninghami[1 photo]
Red-bellied Black Snake, Pseudechis porphyriacus [7 photos]
Ornate Burrowing Frog, Opisthodon ornatus [1 photo]
Balancing Rock [1 photo]
Second Pyramid [2 photos]
- Resource Pages:
Merged the Geology Resource page with the overall site Resource pages.
Added the resources for the upcoming History section.
9th February, 2010
- Temporarily removed Ferns, Grasses and Wattles from the Flowers page. These sections as yet have no content.
- Corrected identification of Xerochrysum bracteatum – Golden Everlasting to Coronidium oxylepis
- Corrected identification of Astrotricha longifolia – the Long-leaved Sneeze Bush to Pomaderris queenslandica – Scant Pomaderris
19th January, 2010
What's New for: 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2009