2017 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009
4 November, 2016
- Longicorn Beetles - Previously identified as Macrones species. It is actually the very similar looking Enchoptera apicalis.
- New Pages:
- History, A Glimpse of Girraween - A Team Effort. Updated the list of Girraween staff members and caption under photo.
- History, 50th Anniversary Interviews - John and Iris Wiffen. Replaced photograph of John with one of both John and Iris.
- Thanks to page - included John Wiffen as new photographer.
- References: Websites page.
- Updated urls for -
- Australian Native Plants Society
- CSIRO Ants Down Under, which is now Antwiki
- Entomology Australia
- Removed links for -
- James Cook University - Discover Nature (dead)
- Reptiles Down Under (now a commercial site, not information)
9 August, 2016
- New Pages:
- Downloads page: Girraween Orchid Flowering Calendar
- Fungus - What was previously identified as Ramaria capitata var. ochraceosalmonicolor is most likely a new Ramaria species, one that is yet to be formally described and given a name. For now will be called Ramaria sp..
- Lizards - Amphibolurus nobbi Nobbi Dragon is now Diporiphora nobbi Common Nobbi Dragon.
- Lizards - Oedura lesueurii Lesueur's Velvet Gecko is now Amalosia lesueurii.
- Plant - What was previously indentified as Sphaerolobium vimineum Leafless Globe Pea, is possibly an undescribed Sphaerolobium species. Have updated the name to be Sphaerolobium sp. throughout the website. This includes downloadable species lists. The species page is now in Gallery format with some information.
- Snails - Photos of unidentified snail shell now identified as Ponderconcha ianthostoma Granite Belt Woodland Snail. Merged photos.
- Snakes, Blindsnakes - Genus was Ramphotyphlops, is now Anilios. Anilios proximus common name is now the Woodland Blindsnake.
- Snakes, Cryptophis nigrescens Eastern Small-eyed Snake - reworded the text with the 6th photo.
- Stamps, The Girraween Postage Stamp page - new url for Nambung National Park.
- Copyright and Disclaimer page - included copyright statement for the "Australian Wildflowers" stamp issue, copyright statement for the "Girraween" song and a disclaimer statement for material in the Historical section.
- Thanks to page - included Penny Davies and Roger Ilott.
- Changed references to NPRSR website to "Queensland Government", including the sidebar button.
- References: Websites page, Geology -
- new URL for Rocks and Landscapes Notes – Girraween National Park; and
- removed dead link for St. Ives School – Weathering and Granite Landscapes.
12 May, 2016
- New Species:
- New Photos:
- Replaced the conservation status of "Common" with "Least Concern" throughout the website.
- Thanks to page - added new photographer, Dr Lindsay Popple.
- Centipede - Cormocephalus species - put into the new format with thumbnails and information about the species.
- Cockroach - Parapanesthia species name updated to species Parapanesthia gigantea - Also put into the new format with thumbnails and information about the species.
- Flatworm Caenoplana species - put into the new format with thumbnails and information about the species.
3rd April, 2016
- Ferns - Removed the following species: Pellaea falcata, Pellaea nana, Sticherus lobatus, Platyzoma microphyllum, and Pyrrosia confluens var. confluens. Added new species: Gleichenia microphylla.
- Orchids - changed the name of Caladenia tentaculata to Caladenia sp. (Stanthorpe R.Crane 1448)
- History, Bill Goebel - The Practical Jokers: Peter Lindsay's nickname was listed as the "Runt", this was actually Peter Haselgrove's nickname.
- Psaltoda brachypennis Phantom Knight was re-identified as Psaltoda plaga Silver Knight
- Pauropsalta species was identified as a Yoyetta species Robust Ambertail.
- New Species:
- New Photos:
- This, the What's New page, made 2016 the new base page.
- Changed the website's green background colour to a lighter shade.
- Don Gardner's credit - added link to his Moths of Toowoomba website.
- Thanks to page - added new photographer- Michael Wynne - and included a special thanks to Dr Lindsay Popple of A web guide to The cicadas of Australia.
- Tidied up the formatting of:
- Created larger icons and rollovers for:
What's New for: 2017 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009